[time-nuts] Lucent KS-24361, HP/Symmetricom Z3809A, Z3810A, Z3811A, Z381...

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Mon Nov 3 18:55:49 EST 2014

Hi

I got a chance to look at phase noise today. I’ll try to post the plots later. Quick summary:

10 MHz - ugly. Lots of spurs, many of them close in. Poor phase noise floor.

15 MHz - pretty good. Noise floor is not as good as a TBolt (by 5 to 15 db). Far fewer spurs than the 10 MHz, fewer spurs than the TBolts I’ve looked at.

ADEV on a short run looks better than an un-tuned TBolt. I’ll need a much longer run to see what it’s really doing.

Bob