[time-nuts] Divide by five

Said Jackson saidjack at aol.com
Sat Nov 8 12:18:34 EST 2014

Francesco,

If you can handle tqfp packages then the Lattice parts are a worthy PAL replacement. The LC4032V clocks at up to 400MHz with 2.5ns delay, and that part at slower speed costs down to only $1.43 at mouser. Its a simple architecture with deterministic timing, kind of like a Super-PAL at half the price. I only miss an internal PLL to generate the <= 400MHz clock from a slow external clock input.

You can program it in my beloved ABEL instead if the dreaded CUPL..

Lattice sells a cheap USB programmer for these.

Bye,
Said

Sent From iPhone