[time-nuts] Second Units? KS-24361

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Tue Nov 11 19:42:40 EST 2014

Hi

Here’s another way to look at the second unit - What would you pay (on an auction site) for the parts? Since there’s a warranty on the box, all would be 100% good working parts with a solid guarantee and paid shipping back:

Lucent low EMI DC-DC converter “power brick” - $35 + $5 ship
MTI 260 OCXO 						       $35 + $15 ship
Nice board built up with GPSDO parts                  $  (gotta be at least 20) + ship
Metal enclosure 							$ (ok, it’s not that good, $5)
Connectors, buffering, filtering                               $ something

Just the two big parts in the box likely would set you back more than the cost of the second unit delivered in the US. If you are headed into a GPSDO project, the thing is a steal.

Bob