[time-nuts] My NTGS50AA failed

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Tue Nov 11 20:54:36 EST 2014

Hi

Ahhhh .. I misunderstood what you were saying. As I now understand, the inputs to the DAC move around in the software, but the actual voltage out of the DAC is always stuck at 5V.

The DAC (if it’s like a TBolt) is the sum of a set of signals into an op amp. There is a forest of metal film resistors and several amps in the setup. About the furthest I’ve gotten it to trace the signals past the first layer op amp and find that one of them is *way* off making the op amp rail. I’m sure that there is somebody who has taken that process further. It looks like a setup to sum several PWM outputs, but I could easily be wrong.

Bob