[time-nuts] LTE Lite Came!!

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Mon Nov 17 18:39:48 EST 2014

Hi Jim,

thanks for your question. The reason we put that note in there is  two-fold:

1) On these 20MHz units the TCXO output in fact can drive 50 Ohms inputs as
 we put a strong buffer on the board, but the synthesized RF output and the
 1PPS output cannot drive 50 Ohms. Those two are CMOS 1M Ohms input  only.

Using 50 Ohms impedance on the TCXO output will however heavily tax  the
internal power supply and CMOS buffer, and create heating on the board  right
next to the TCXO which will affect stability somewhat. So can it be  done?
Yes. Should it be done? That's up to the user to decide.

2) On the next batch of 10MHz DIP-14 TCXO units the external TCXO itself
drives the output directly without a buffer. That TCXO is not capable of
driving  50 Ohms inputs, only CMOS 1M Ohms inputs. So a buffer is required on
these  10MHz units if 50 Ohms test equipment is to be used.

Hope that explains it,
bye,
Said

In a message dated 11/17/2014 15:27:21 Pacific Standard Time,