[time-nuts] GPS in the news

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Tue Nov 18 19:46:30 EST 2014

Brooke,

Maybe, but maybe not. It's not a dark hole either. It supposedly does
not interact very good with normal matter. It can be moot if the
interaction is so weak that it only gives itself away in sub-ns level
towards picoseconds or less, so that it becomes difficult of monitoring
it at all. What if it's not "chunks" like that but fairly evenly spread,
then we can only see the wrinkles as density varies. There is so many
ways that this could go wrong, including not really interacting at all
the way we think.

Then again, it's fundamental research, we don't know exactly how it
behaves, even if we have some clues about things that doesn't fit, and
in order to explain it we come up with the theories about dark matter
and dark energy.

I just wanted to have the article behind the science journalist level.

Cheers,
Magnus