[time-nuts] Lucent KS-24361 Web Page

Didier Juges shalimr9 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 15:59:57 EST 2014

Brooke,

Following the links from your page (nice work, thank you) lead me to your Thunderbolt page where you ponder the death of your iCruze monitor.

If you refer to the picture of the microprocessor board, you will notice that the locations marked D1, D2 and D3 are populated by zero ohm resistors. That means that the 3 V microcontroller was powered from 5V. I am actually amazed that they worked at all, let alone worked for a while.

It is a shame that fluke.l saved on the cost of 3 diodes that way. The 1N4148 is $.02 at Mouser in 25 pieces lots.

Didier KO4BB

--
Sent from my Motorola Droid Razr HD 4G LTE wireless tracker while I do other things.