[time-nuts] Practical considerations making a lab standard with an LTE lite

Dave Martindale dave.martindale at gmail.com
Sun Nov 23 14:26:13 EST 2014

Did you use one-ply, two-ply, or three-ply TP?

More seriously, your LTE-Lite differs in a couple of respects from the
batch of "production" ones, or at least my example.  Your TCXO seems to be
in a metal package (shiny gold colour) and open to the air, if I'm
interpreting the photo on your LTE-Lite page correctly (and also the photo
that Said posted in his divide-by-two document).  The production units have
the TCXO in a solid black package, probably black epoxy, with a blob of RTV
rubber on top.  So the "production" units are probably already somewhat
better shielded against drafts.

(Thanks for doing the tests, particularly for those of us who can't do
these tests ourselves.  I can only watch the 1 PPS of the LTE-Lite wander
with respect to the 1 PPS from my old Thunderbolt (Piezo oscillator), and
look at the worst-case variation, but I have no way of knowing how much of
the drift is due to each GPSDO).

- Dave