[time-nuts] Practical considerations making a lab standard with an LTE lite

Jim Sanford wb4gcs at wb4gcs.org
Mon Nov 24 19:12:40 EST 2014

Said:

Several times you've mentioned a low noise LDO regulator.  I've not seen
a device specified -- can you share?

Also, yesterday, in response to my question about using an existing
antenna, you basically said, "Try it."  Well, I did -- working great for
over 24 hours.  At this moment, I have good lock on 9 GPS birds and a
"3d/gps" fix mode reported by U-center.  Interestingly, there are a few
GPS birds that show up as blue, even though they have the same C/N ratio
as some green birds.  One of them is at 89 degrees elevation -- no
blockage like some to the west -- don't get that.

Anyway, wanted to share that my existing antenna seems to be working fine!

AND, my first 10 MHZ board arrived today . . . .

Thanks,
Jim
wb4gcs at amsat.org

---