[time-nuts] Minicircuits 10% discount in December

Richard (Rick) Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Thu Nov 27 15:41:28 EST 2014

On 11/27/2014 11:03 AM, Didier Juges wrote:
> Another reason is reproducibility. If you or someone else wants

  to reproduce your design, using a well defined and available

  commercial part makes it much easier to achieve the same

  performance, particularly for RF components.

> Didier KO4BB

Exactly right.

I wrote an article on receiving loops and showed a design
with a 50:5 (turns ratio) transformer wound on a toroid.
Again, this is not available from MiniCircuits.  I have
wasted time dealing with numerous dumb questions about
"can I use XXX core that I have laying around the lab?"
or can I use a different gauge wire to wind it, etc.
So many people complained about the shipping cost to
buy one core that I stocked the cores and included them
with PC boards I was already selling to reduce the shipping
cost to "zero".

BTW, 73 material would NOT work in this application.
I was asked about that multiple times even though the
article specifically said it would not work and explained
why.

Rick Karlquist N6RK