[time-nuts] uCenter driver

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Sun Nov 30 16:53:11 EST 2014

michael.cook at sfr.fr said:
> There has recently been comments on the COM port allocation in relation to
> the LTE-Lite project which reminded me that I have seen an issue trying to
> run multiple instances of the uCenter software in order to monitor/configure
> multiple uBlox receivers at the same time. Unfortunately only one virtual
> COM port is created located to the first instance. I cannot get multiple COM
> ports allocated when plugging in another unit. Anyone seen this? ...

The LTE-Lite uses a vanilla FTDI serial to USB chip.  I use Linux and often
have more than one plugged into a system without any problems.

I'd be surprised if Windows has troubles with more than one.  (But I've been
surprised before.)

I don't know anything about the uCenter software.

Can you talk to both with your favorite terminal program?

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.