[time-nuts] Hp Family GPS DOs vs. Tbolts Rev 3 SW and Trimble VCXO
kb8tq at n1k.org
Sun Nov 30 20:02:51 EST 2014
As has been mentioned, there are a variety of HP boxes, each with their own pluses and minuses. Compared to a T Bolt:
1) They all are bigger
2) They all pull more power
3) None of them work with Lady Heather (which is a big deal to me)
4) None of them have coefficients you can modify
5) Some of the outputs on the HP’s are (much) better for spurs than the T Bolt’s output.
6) The phase noise on the T Bolt is better than / at least as good as any of the HP’s (pretty useless on the T Bolt with all the spurs)
7) The ADEV on an un-modified T Bolt is much worse than on an HP. Tuned up the T Bolt can be pretty good.
8) The temperature stability of the 260 series HP’s is better than a T Bolt. The single oven with heater 10811’s are not that great. (either way - pretty much a useless thing when locked to GPS).
9) The GPS in the T Bolt is better than the GPS in the HP’s. That’s not of much use, but it’s a better GPS.
I’d get a couple of KS’s while they are out there …
> On Nov 30, 2014, at 6:42 PM, johncroos via time-nuts <time-nuts at febo.com> wrote:
> With all of the discussion of the recent availability of various HP family
> GPS DO devices, I was wondering if I should get a couple. Presently I have
> a couple of T-bolts that seem to serve me well. What wold be the advantages
> gained by going to the HPs. Need 10 MHz output though. Any thoughts?
> -73 john roos k6iql
> time-nuts mailing list -- time-nuts at febo.com
> To unsubscribe, go to https://www.febo.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/time-nuts
> and follow the instructions there.
More information about the time-nuts