[time-nuts] How long do ovens take to cool to ambient after power is removed?

Dr. David Kirkby (Kirkby Microwave Ltd) drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
Wed Oct 1 13:07:33 EDT 2014

Following on from my question the other day about the type of
oscillator in the HP 8720D VNA, I finally got around to setting this
up on the spectrum analyzer today. Luckily, some software I wrote back
in 2008 for a friends HP 70000 system was easy to modify to grab the
save the frequency. So I can now grab the data. I will post a plot
later, once I have collected the data from a cold start. But it got me
wondering, how long do ovens take to cool? I'm sure it must depend
somewhat on the oven.

According to someone on this list (sorry forget who), the option 1D5
is an oven, but not a particularly good one. Unfortunately he can't
share the data he has on it, which is a bit annoying, but I understand
his reasons.

Anyway, later today (tomorrow ??) I will post a plot of frequency vs
time. The question is though, how long is thing thing likely to take
too cool?

My lab is air-conditioned, set at 23 deg C, though it varies about +/-
1.5 deg C from that.

Dave