[time-nuts] fast switching quiet synthesizer

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Tue Oct 7 16:00:45 EDT 2014

jimlux at earthlink.net said:
> I could hook a Prologix on the back of a PTS with GPIB, and hit it over  the
> ethernet, but I'm not sure I'd be able to get the steps to occur  when I
> want them (ethernet and determinism do not go well together).

Timing on Ethernet is as good as RS-232 if you have a point to point link
rather than a huge network full of crappy software.

I'd worry more about USB within the Prologix.

It might be fun to do the experiment.  Can you get a scope on one of the GPIB
signals and something like a modem control signal on a PC that sends the
packet?

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.