[time-nuts] Lightning arrestors for GPSDO antenna

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 11:17:58 EDT 2014

> You can use metal conduit as the bonding conductor between grounding
> systems, for one thing.

That works fine, but I think it is disallowed  by the electrical code.   If
you used metallic conduit it MUST be grounded but you can't use it for
grounding.  That said, it does work.   I think the danger the electric code
addresses is that connections between conduit sections become loose over
time and might corrode.

I think the threaded conduit would work fine.  That stuff is like water
pipe but smoother inside.

--

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California