[time-nuts] "GPS once a day issues" ?

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Oct 20 05:15:32 EDT 2014

Bob,

Since the satellite orbit the earth with a period of 11 hours and 58
minutes, it is actually twice a day.

Cheers,
Magnus
================================

I've been reminded of that before, but the fact remains that here the
interruptions when they happen are at 24-hour intervals, not 12-hour
intervals, and precess at a few minutes per day.  Perhaps the low signal
coincides with greater background noise/interference at certain times of the
day?  Although I've not plotted them, I do get the impression that
07:00-09:00 local is worse than other times....

Cheers,
David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk