[time-nuts] FE5680A Corrupted EEPROM

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Mon Oct 20 21:46:12 EDT 2014

Hi

Unless we are talking about flash rather than EEPROM, an image may not do you much good.

Firmware normally gets stored in flash. That code is at least similar from unit to unit.

Calibration data normally gets stored in EEPROM. On a modern Rb there are a lot of things that are “tweaked” by EEPROM settings rather than fiddling pots and jumpers. Each EEPROM is unique to a unit. The settings in one may not be very healthy for another one.

Again, ignore all this if the objective is a flash re-load.

Bob