[time-nuts] GPS for ntp

Mike Naruta AA8K aa8k at comcast.net
Tue Oct 21 15:56:33 EDT 2014

Here's some more info Joe

My Blitzortung.org station 1162 reboots daily.

It is located at 42 degrees latitude.

GlobalTop PA6H GPS module.  The antenna is a Motorola patch in
the attic, looking through wooden boards and tar shingles.  I
have the antenna against the underside of the roof, tipped to
the South.  There are power lines on the South and East sides of
the house.  On the North side of the house is an 17 meter high
tower with guy wires and HF inverted V antennas.  Lots of
multi-path.  My H-field loops are made from old, quad-shielded
Thick-LAN cable, 3 turns, 1.5 meter diameter.

The controller has been running 18 hours so far today and there
is a heavy cloud cover today.  Here are current stats:

     Availability100.00%
     Type Mediatek/GlobalTop with 38400baud
(FW: AXN_2.10_3339_11092201,5051)
     Antenna External
     Status Active, 3D-fix
     Satellites 11 tracked, 11 in view
     Date/Time 2014-10-21 19:31:46
     Position 42.996052° -82.464241° 187.7m
     Smoothed 42.996035° -82.464253° 188.1m (smoothed over 1d, 0h)
     PDOP/HDOP/VDOP1.41 / 0.83 / 1.14
     Sat. Signals (SNR)
     5 42dB
     2 41dB
     29 43dB
     10 29dB
     13 30dB
     26 41dB
     25 28dB
     6 32dB
     12 29dB
     9 18dB
     15 23dB
     PPS Accuracy Mean: 33.7ns, Current: 23ns