[time-nuts] Lucent KS-24361, HP/Symmetricom Z3809A, Z3810A, Z3811A, Z3812A GPSDO system

Götz Romahn goetz at g-romahn.de
Thu Oct 30 14:24:21 EDT 2014

I also tried Steward Cobbs RS422 - Rs232 hack but with no joy in the
beginning. First I had used the standard RS232 com1 port of my computer
with no success. Later I tried my Prolific USB-to Serial adapter and
things got better. After some measurments and looking at the pinout of
the RS422/1PPS connector I've found somewhere on the Net, I made some
additions to Stewards hack at the RS422 male plug:
connect pin3 (Ground) to pin4 (Rx+) and add an 150 resistor from pin 3
to pin 5 (Tx+). This works reliable to the the Prolific but not reliable
with the standard com1 port. The reason seems to be that the Tx- (pin 9)
voltage swing re Ground is only abt. 3.5 V. This could explain the mixed
success of other members.
hope this helps Götz

btw: will the RFTG-REF1 unit I have work standalone? I still have the
STBY-led blinking after more than 24 hours and 3 to 8 satellites in
view, all other leds off.

Am 30.10.2014 01:11, :