[time-nuts] Mercury Ion Clock

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Fri Oct 31 21:27:06 EDT 2014

Hi

Trapped ion clocks have been the “obvious successor” to a Cs tube for at least 30 years. There is a *lot* of very fancy work involved in getting from 10 MHz up to a very specific light wavelength with low ADEV and good phase noise…..

Rocket science indeed. Time Nuts rocket science, but tough to do none the less.

Bob