[time-nuts] Eureka, no more Cs, active or passive H-masers or GPSDOs needed

Azelio Boriani azelio.boriani at screen.it
Wed Sep 10 15:53:42 EDT 2014

Rb sources are considered too expensive here in Italy for the TV
broadcast market. The patent was issued by a small company that
produces digital TV transmitters able to exploit the single frequency
network specifications of the ETSI standard and so a stable and
accurate time and frequency source is needed: usually a GPSDO with an
OCXO at its heart. Very rarely do we see a disciplined Rb.