[time-nuts] NAA experiments as a reference

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 22:13:31 EDT 2014

Well it doesn't make any sense but by using a LO of + or-150hz I do get a
stable signal that at least allows me to get a sense of the stability of
the carrier. I am not using the tracor d-msk-r to see this. In fact I need
to relook at it may have an issue it does not seem to be doubling.
A big change I made is to use a Krohn Hite 5910c arb gen that actually has
an amazing stability all by itself. Have never had a manual for it. Though
I see  the b exists. Its set to 100 hz and putting out a nice clean sine
wave.
So the math is still nuts.
Re-read the tracor documentation and they injected the LO 100 Hz low. So 24
Khz needs a LO of 23.9 Khz. The d-mask-r did not require any change to this
setting.
If NAA is transmitting 200 baud then I would expect the MSK carrier to be
+/- 100 Hz. Not +/-50 Hz.
Regards
Paul.