[time-nuts] Correcting jitter on the 1 PPSsignalfromaGPSreceiver.

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Sat Sep 20 07:47:02 EDT 2014

It's the rise-time that kills you.

You can under certain circumstances avoid termination, and gain better
amplitude, but you then need to make sure that the reflections is not
going to disturb your measurements.

The general recommendation is to do proper termination. If you know the
signal and reflections, you can play it differently.

Remember, the sharper rise-time, the more high-resolution ringings you
wake up. Sometimes you get better signal integrity simply by reducing
the rise-time, as there is less energy to confuse you.

In the end, this is a topic one can go deeply into. There are many quirks.

Cheers,
Magnus