[time-nuts] Striking change in iPhone time accuracy with 8.2

Paul tic-toc at bodosom.net
Thu Apr 2 22:58:00 EDT 2015

On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 4:41 PM, Oz-in-DFW <lists at ozindfw.net> wrote:

> The phone has to keep synch within a few microseconds of the network.

I suspect only the so-called baseband system needs to  maintain any
synchronization with the RF network and the "alarm" clock is only loosely
coupled. I have an LTE radio in my iPAD and according to Emerald Time the
alarm clock varies from .5s to .005s error. I'm sure a signifcant fraction
of that is server error but it doesn't seem worth it to do more careful
testing given how fussy Emerald Time can be.