[time-nuts] Need advice for multilateration setup

Robert Watzlavick rocket at watzlavick.com
Fri Apr 3 23:51:34 EDT 2015

To head off a bunch of replies - I think I stumbled upon what is being
suggested.  To extract the pseudorange, you have to figure out the
offset of the locally generated PN code against the one that is
received. In this reverse GPS case, I assume each ground station would
have to start their local PN codes at the same time?  Then you would be
able to get the pseudoranges at each ground station and use those values
for the multilateration equations.  You still would have an uncertainty
of one clock cycle since the phases of the local clocks at the stations
wouldn't be aligned but several folks have suggested ways around that.

-Bob