[time-nuts] Need advice for multilateration setup

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.se
Sat Apr 4 02:49:01 EDT 2015

We essentially propose that you mimic the GPS system.
The original GPS birds are relatively stupid.

In GPS, the core clock produces 10,23 Mhz (modern GPS rubidiums output a
different frequency, but that is not the point here), for C/A code it is
divided down with 10 to produce the C/A chipping rate of 1,023 MHz and
considering that the Gould-codes being used is 1023 chips long, they
will wrap around every 1 ms. The same 10,23 MHz is then used to produce
the carrier frequency which is 154 * 10,23 MHz. The produced PRN
sequence alternate between +1 and -1 and when mixing this with the
carrier frequency a BPSK signal is produced which is amplified and
transmitted. A second carrier is also produced as 120 * 10,23 MHz.

This is on either side of the amateur 23 cm band. That's also the first
band where you have bandwidth enough to fool around with stuff like this
without breaking the bandplan.

Cheers,
Magnus