[time-nuts] KS-24361 Power Module Repair

Dan Rae danrae at verizon.net
Sat Apr 11 11:18:09 EDT 2015

On 4/10/2015 4:27 PM, Bob Stewart wrote:
> This is just a brief report, not a how-to.
>
> I got a KS_24361 with a bad Lucent power module.
Thanks a lot for that report Bob, I had no idea that it was possible to
un-encapsulate those and get at the insides.  I have one here that came
to me dead, and I knew it had a shorted tantalum on the -15V output
since I could see that from resistance checks.  Chuck's tip about using
an oven came too late for me, but after quite a struggle I opened mine
up last night and found the culprit cap.  No visible damage to it since
the short must have shut the supply down.

It now does power up and time will tell if I eventually get a green
light :^)

Dan - ac6ao