[time-nuts] GPSDO disciplining algorithms

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Mon Apr 13 14:47:15 EDT 2015

Hi

That paper is addressing the task of keeping the cesium standards in the GPS
satellites on frequency. With the exception of a couple Ham designs, most GPSDO’s
are done commercial. The algorithms used are mostly proprietary. That’s not to
say that they don’t use common control approaches (PID, PI etc).

There are more general papers about locking device A to source B where both
devices have a known noise profile. The answer there is to match the loop to
the crossover in the noise plots.

Bob