[time-nuts] KS-24361 Power Module Repair

Chuck Harris cfharris at erols.com
Mon Apr 13 15:18:14 EDT 2015

No, I meant exactly what I said.

When you are removing epoxy potting compound, put it in an oven
set to 140C, and let it cook until up to temperature.  The potting
epoxy will become about as soft as pencil eraser rubber.  You can
then pick at it, and get pretty big chunks to come off.  When the
epoxy starts to feel hard again, pop it back in the oven.

-Chuck Harris

OBTW, we are not talking about crystal ovens here, but rather unpotting
power supply modules.