[time-nuts] UBlox GPSDO

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Sun Apr 19 09:24:10 EDT 2015

Hi

On a practical basis - in a GPSDO you want to be able to “tune” the filter (like you
tune a control loop). That involves getting at the individual coefficients. Doing
that is not what these chips are designed to allow.

You can do the whole control loop with a < $1 MCU, so it’s not a big impact to
your costs or your board area. 5x5 mm parts are pretty common.

Bob