[time-nuts] Leica AT-303

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 23 03:04:04 EDT 2015

At least with a Tbolt,  they do help... and quite a bit.   When I was writing Lady Heather's precision survey code I tested it with several antennas (comparing the results to a cm level L1/L2 survey).  The Leica antenna and a couple of other survey grade/choke ring antennas were,  by far,  the best (results with a foot or so).   Cheap patch antennas were the worst (with maybe 5 foot errors).

Some small L1 only survey grade antennas did pretty well... a couple of feet.  They are about 6 inches in diameter and and inch thick and very light.  I use one as my standard antenna.