[time-nuts] Hp 10544A repair

gianni gianni at islandlabs.eu
Sun Apr 26 15:28:01 EDT 2015

Hi all,
Sorry for bad english
The transistor Q4 has the emitter and the collector reversed; R12 is connected to the collector and the waveform is square wave with duty cycle that depends on the oven temperature; supply voltage = cold, minimun duty cycle = warm.
It is relatively easy to extract the boards and access the oven controller and amplifier AGC.
Pay attention to the black wires (NTC) and red (oven heather).
Remember that the output impedance is about 1000 ohm as for data sheet and check the power supply.
Semiconductor type
Q4 = MJE700
Q2 = MPS A12
Q3 = 2N2646
U1 = LM201NPN = 2N3906

if you want more detailed information in Italian you can contact me directly.
Best regards
John (Gianni)