[time-nuts] wtd: WWVB info

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Wed Aug 5 20:31:08 EDT 2015

Hi

10 MHz does not divide by an integer to 60 KHz. 15 MHz, 6 and 9 MHz are all more
reasonable candidates. The attractiveness of 15 MHz and the value of a tunable
OCXO is what makes the current $25 price of the KS boxes pretty attractive. You
*might* even be able to dispense with the tear down of the KS box and feed it 1 pps out
of your ADC / FPGA / MCU / Bailing wire rig. Instant WWVB disciplined OCXO.

Bob