[time-nuts] wtd: WWVB info...

Burt I. Weiner biwa at att.net
Thu Aug 6 13:58:31 EDT 2015

My favorite WWVB clock is the Junghans Mega Atomic Alarm Clock.  I
have several of them and they work almost anywhere (in the USA).  The
manual says to change the battery once every 30 days.  Just for fun I
wanted to see how long they could go without having to change the AA
battery - two of mine are well into their fifth year.  They have a
large display and will tell you how many days since it last
set.  They can be easily be found for $20 - $30.

See:  http://www.atomic-clocks.com/juatalcl.html

...Or, you can get them on eBay for around $200.00

Burt, K6OQK

>From: "Tom Van Baak" <tvb at LeapSecond.com>
>To: "Discussion of precise time and frequency measurement"
>         <time-nuts at febo.com>
>Subject: Re: [time-nuts] wtd: WWVB info
>

> > Does anyone have a schematic for building a simple WWVB receiver ?
> >
> > Any information would be grateful.
> >
> > - Don
>
>See http://www.joejaworski.com/wwvb/ for a recent WWVB project.
>
>See http://www.tinaja.com/glib/WWVBexps.pdf for a vintage project.