[time-nuts] HP10811 vs 00105 OCXO

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Thu Aug 6 21:37:04 EDT 2015

Hi

HP 10811’s vary over almost a 100:1 range in terms of ADEV performance at short tau. The standard model is un-sealed so it has some issues
with humidity when it is in storage for a long time. In both the case of the 10811 and the 105, their stability will improve as they are
on power. In the case of long term storage, they both may continue to improve for more than a month.

All of this makes any sort of comparison between the two models a bit difficult. About all you can say is that on a given day, this example of one
was (or was not) more stable than that example of the other model.

Bob