[time-nuts] KS-24361 EFC Error

GandalfG8 at aol.com GandalfG8 at aol.com
Tue Aug 11 16:35:11 EDT 2015

Bevor I heat up the big soldering iron to remove the OCXO, I wanted to

ask if anybody else experienced this before and if anybody can confirm

that tuning voltage range is indeed 0..6 Volt. If so, replacing the OCXO

should cure the problem.

Hi Mathias

I've not experience your problem with the KS-24361, but I  have tested a
few of these oscillators stand alone and can confirm that the  reference
voltage output has always been approximately 6 Volts and they do  accept an EFC
tuning voltage range of 6 Volts.
Other than one faulty unit, on all those I've tested the EFC voltage  has
been very close to 3 Volts when the oscillator frequency was within a  few
parts in 10^11 of 5 MHz.
For example, looking back at a couple of test results, one was at  2.9725
Volts and another at 3.0970 Volts.

Regards

Nigel
GM8PZR

Hey, hows about that, It seems like I might finally have found a way  to
reply to list messages straight from the archives without  receiving them by
email:-)