[time-nuts] SRS PRS10 repair

Brian M brayniac at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 00:28:34 EDT 2015

Hi -

So I took the time tonight to poke at things with the scope. Hopefully it
will be of interest.

First off, I probed the MCU (MC68HC11) TX line directly. And, it looks like
I misstated in my last mail. The MCU itself is 5V TX idle TTL Serial. On
the unit's output, it is inverted and 0V idle. Not sure why that's the
case...

That said, I have lashed up some simple NPN inverters which are also
level-shifting to a BBB UART. And with that I've got serial comms
established. I get the power-on message and response from "ID ?" is "
PRS10_3.24_SN_[....]"

Thanks again to all for their input. Always more to learn =)

- Brian