[time-nuts] HP5065A C-field current is temperature sensitive

timeok at timeok.it timeok at timeok.it
Fri Aug 28 10:31:34 EDT 2015

I remember you my post:

I have done some short time measurements (30 Min.) on the current generator, in particular on the reference input and feedback input of the differential amplifier Q6A and .Q6B (base pin to GND).
On the reference input Q6A I have a stability equivalent to more than +/-1nA , In the Q6B I have a slow current changing about some hundred nA.
We can say the Reference voltage, R8,R6,R12 are stable over time. The problem can be only on R11,R10 or the Voltage to Current converter gain.
An Idea is to try to disconnect R10. This resistance is factory selected to set the correct current range, but is not an High stability like the R11.
At the moment I cannot disconnect the HP5065A under test but will be the next operation I will do.

I summarize my suspect:

1)  R10//R11 stability
2)  voltage to current gain

the Reference and associated resistive divider R6,R7, R12 t are quite  stable.
To do some tests I have wired a uA723 as V to A  Converter using the internal op-amp and the pass transistor. I have tested the internal reference is not so stable as the 1N938. The best way can be use the original reference and resistor setting.
next step can be : remove Q6 ,Q7, R9 and replacing it directly with the 723 or other similar device to solve the gain problem and replacing with an high stability resistor the existent R10//R11.
To be test.

Luciano