[time-nuts] WWVB KD2BD receiver update

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 21:19:14 EST 2015

The receiver works quite well.

Two items that are a bit iffy.
The AGC seems to work only at higher input levels. May not be an issue and
handles the night time changes well.
The carrier detect PLL seems semi useless. Plus the VCO cap seems wrong I
had to triple its value to get to 10 KHz. But even at that when the carrier
level drops per second it looses lock. It should have a longer hold
constant.
The PLL is nice but not at all really required.
I did add in the noise blanker also. Though this time of the year nothing
to really test with.

Last item to add will be the audio amplifier to listen to noise in the
channel. Thats a feature the Fluke 207 has and I have always liked it.

Then time to box it up and do some real measurements. The OCXO works pretty
darn well. No GPSDO but I am impressed.
Regards
Paul
WB8TSL