[time-nuts] RG 6 U couplings

Arnold Tibus arnold.tibus at gmx.de
Sun Dec 6 09:25:39 EST 2015

Hi Bob,

you are correct with the special compression tool.
I did it mention as a 'negative' point.
Yes, the right tool is obligatory, but the dealers
do have normally these in the list with the connectors,
I am using the correct tool of course.

I also 'misused' these connectors for my ZS6BKW-type antenna.
I connected just the shield of a hi Q SAT cable with PE outer
insulation as areal wire - fixation and contacting via these
connectors. No changes and no damages since 2 years
out in sunhine, rain, ice, snow and heavy storms mounted up on
the hill and 10 m above ground --> 100 % mechanical
and electrical test approved as well for such not nominal use!

Arnold, DK2WT