[time-nuts] RG 6 U couplings

Mark Spencer mark at alignedsolutions.com
Mon Dec 7 16:58:36 EST 2015

Yep.   I used to worry about eliminating potential error sources such as that from my home lab.   On the flip side the Teflon cable I used did have a defined spec vis a vis behaviour in a fire that gave me some comfort when routing it thru my house on the way to the roof mounted antenna.   I also had it on hand.

Many items to consider.

If I was doing it again I'd probably just use 75 ohm RG6 CATV style cable with an appropriate fire rating for indoor / in home installations.   The local electronics store sells nice F female to (apparently 50 ohm) N male adapters that ease the interconnection issues if you can live with the impedance miss match.

Sent from my iPhone