[time-nuts] Phase microstepper designs?

Anders Wallin anders.e.e.wallin at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 11:04:25 EST 2015

Do you mean delay-generators for 1PPS? Or a finely-tunable frequency
synthesizer?

For 1PPS, the fine-delay FMC card might be worth a look:
http://www.ohwr.org/projects/fmc-delay-1ns-8cha/wiki

afaik it works by first time-stamping the input pulse, then delaying the
output with an integer number of clock cycles on the FPGA, and for
sub-cycle fine delay it uses programmable hardware delay-lines (these run
quite hot on the board),
If you need only 1PPS that is synchronous to some input 10MHz signal then
the design is much simpler since you don't need to time-stamp an
asynchronous input pulse first.

SRS DG645 and similar might be worth a look too.

Anders