[time-nuts] End of Loran-C in Europe confirmed.

Iain Young iain at g7iii.net
Thu Dec 17 07:22:05 EST 2015

On 17/12/15 10:50, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

> I've spent some time tracking this down, but it looks like
> all Loran-C in Europe shuts down on new-years eve.
>
> The only station I have not found official confirmation for is Sylt,
> but France, Norway, Denmark and UK have all officially announced
> shut-down of their stations.

Do you have the UK announcement ? I got notification of Lessay,
Soustons, and the control station at Brest, but not for Sylt or
Anthorn.

The UK is (supposedly) supportive of eLORAN, and I thought Anthorn
(along with some extra stations on the south coast) were indeed
transmitting eLORAN.

With eLORAN being backwardly compatible, I was assuming/hoping at
lease Anthorn would keep my Austron's busy :)

Iain