[time-nuts] timestamps on downconverted data streams

Bill Byrom time at radio.sent.com
Sun Dec 20 15:17:31 EST 2015

Yes, you can do that. My employer (Tektronix) makes RF Signal Analyzers
which sample at a high rate then use a DDC (Digital DownConverter based
on decimation and digital filtering) to produce a much smaller output
I/Q file at a smaller bandwidth and lower time resolution. The
decimation and digital filtering delay acquired signals, so you have to
correct for the group delay in these operations.
--
Bill Byrom N5BB