[time-nuts] Novatel ProPak-V3 GPSDO

Ole Petter Ronningen opronningen at gmail.com
Fri Dec 25 06:35:37 EST 2015

Hello

I'm sure many of you have noticed quite a few surplus NOS Novatel OEM-V3
L1-only units appearing on eBay lately. Reading the firmware manual, it
seems the ProPak is capable of steering an external oscillator with the
addition of a filtered chargepump circuit. Has anyone made any experiments
using this functionality?

Also, a couple of labs (APL and USNO) use ProPak-V3 receivers to
participate in TAI, by the use of PPP. BIPM has a little information about
the ProPak (calibration procedures), but other than that I have not found
much information about the configuration of the receiver in this particular
setting. Any clues would be appreciated.

(In case anyone is interested - the receiver can be software upgraded to
also track L2 - the license is north of USD2K..)

Thanks,
Ole