[time-nuts] Austron 1250A

Doug Ronald doug at dougronald.com
Wed Feb 18 15:38:00 EST 2015

I own several of these units, and have for sale several more if anyone is interested. I can verify that a New Old Stock unit straight out of the box, needs to have the cover removed, and a piece of Styrofoam spacer removed from the relay you mention. It sounds like you have done that, or the seller did it. Then for many minutes with the 1250A on, and the battery switch in "charge", the relay will buzz. This is perfectly normal, and is mentioned in the manual for the 1250A. By-the-way, the original battery in all the units I have powered up, never achieve the capacity to run the standard for more than a few minutes. They can be replaced with new cells, but I have also never seen any of my units with leaking cells.

Hope that helps,
-Doug Ronald
W6DSR