[time-nuts] Navstar Systems Ltd (was: Looking for advice to get a submillisecond setup)

Alberto di Bene dibene at usa.net
Sat Feb 21 12:32:28 EST 2015

> Probably best to just pop it open and see what’s inside. Unless you get very lucky, the
> fiber optic cables, connectors, and transmitter / receivers will be tough to find.

Thanks Bob, Jim, Chris, David for your answers.

Well, I have already a few timing resources, like a Thunderbolt, a Z3801A, a home-designed GPSDO based
on an AVR Atmel + a Motorola VP Oncore and an Isotemp OCXO, not to mention a Trimble Resolution T board,
waiting to be used in a future GPSDO that will make use of a double oven 10811 (yes, I found one of those).

So I agree that the best use I can make of that Navstar "mushroom" unit is to pry it open, and try to find the
electrical signals before they are converted to optical... at least now, thanks to David, I know what the supply
voltage of the beast is... then, with the aid of a logical states analyzer, maybe some reverse engineering of
the data stream could be done.... perhaps... :-)

TNX

Alberto

---