[time-nuts] Pinout of FEI 5680B

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Sat Feb 21 15:25:47 EST 2015

Hi

Just so it goes into the archives. Here’s the pinout for the FE-5680B with a 15 pin connector on it.

Marking shows as part number 2616000-51604

Pin		Function
1		>= +15V power in (likely the same spec as 5680A)
2		ground
3		+5  power in (for some, but not this one)
4		ground
5		RF out (for some, but not this one)
6		spare
7		ground
8		0 to 5V(?) analog tune in (for some but not all, I’d *guess* not for this one)
9		factory use only
10		ground
11		1 pps out (for this one, but not all) lvttl
12		lock indicator (open collector)
13		reset (lvttl input, active high)
14		serial in (lvttl)
15		serial out (lvttl)

Yes, this is in answer to a question Skip asked back in 2009. Replying to that thread might
cause something to explode somewhere :)

They seem to be up on eBay for $45 at the moment, along with the info above. No idea if this batch
is any good. I haven’t bought any.  I’m sure the question of pinout will come up again in about
2 years time. By then the listing and the info will be long gone.

Bob