[time-nuts] OXCO insulation

Dr. David Kirkby (Kirkby Microwave Ltd) drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
Mon Feb 23 03:51:57 EST 2015

On 22 Feb 2015 22:07, "Dave M" <dgminala at mediacombb.net> wrote:

> Yes, I'm aware that the newer OXCOs don't have any insulation other than
air inside the package.  I failed to mention that in my post.  I am
primarily interested in the older OXCOs that have foam insulation inside.
I have a couple of them, including the crystal oven from an old HP 5245L
counter that needs new insulation.

I don't know what is used, but clearly whatever is used *must* be stable
under heat for *long* periods of time.

Domestic gas / oil / coal boilers must use insulation,  and whatever is
used would I assume be able to take heat for extended periods of time. I
wonder if you could get something like that.

The trouble I see with other chemicals (spray foam etc), is you have no
idea if it will sustain heat for long periods of time.

Dave.