[time-nuts] OXCO insulation

Dave M dgminala at mediacombb.net
Tue Feb 24 19:32:13 EST 2015

Ok, there has been a couple replies suggesting aerogel.  I've read a bit
about it, and understand that it's extremely light and effective, but quite
difficult for a hobbyist to make.  Also, probably very expensive.  Is there
a source for very small quantities of it?  Is is flexible enough to wrap
around a cubical or cylindrical object without destroying it?
I've considered fiberglass as a cheap, available insulation, and will
probably be what I use to repair my oscillators.

I'm very leery of trying to use Great Stuff household foam insulation.  I
just don't want to risk having another failure because of it.

Cheers,
Dave M